Saturday, May 19, 2007

Loonie's second time high


I was wondering what if my dad would have sold loonie 30 years ago without a stop-loss and let it just float freely. Hoping it would bounce anytime soon. You guessed it - he could make break-even yesterday.

On many platforms I can not even get 30 years history on a monthly chart. This is an abyss and there is nothing to compare with as a potential bottom. Alright, I will use something else then.

From point A as a recent weekly high to point B which is break of a trendline (or, channel) there are 614 pips (4 pips shy of a perfect fib number). The week ended at 1.0893. Measured objective for the next stop is around point C at 1.0647. Did you know that as far back as 1647 A.D. everything in then Canada was valued by the standard beaver skins? I count this pair pips in oil drops today.