Thursday, June 14, 2007

14 June

O.k., here is an interim update on the open positions:

Live trade

eurodollar - currently up 10 pips. I decided to keep the position regardless of the very nervy day yesterday. If you flip the chart to daily and put an 144SMA on it - there may be something on it telling. Will see how it goes.

Demo trades:

Aud/cad - currently plus 50 pips
Eur/cad - currently at BE

08:20 am EST. I decided to close aud/cad with 55 pips profit here at 0.8901 (even number).

As I see aussie just broke long-standing support at 0.8360. Again, I exited yesterday but it just proved to me - need to hold positions longer. No new positions here.

2 comments:

Dropplan said...

Dear Tamkras,(1330 EDT)
Hope you have healed from yesterday(somehow, I'm sure you have..). With your Eur/$ trade you said "flip" the chart. Did you mean "switch to" or actually "turn the chart upside down"? And if that is the case...why? I've read some of your other posts when you actually "DO" turn your charts upside down, but I fail to see the advantage. Thank you.

Tamkras said...

Hey, Dropplan, I just meant "switch to". Sometimes, I do flip charts upside down but only on longer timeframes - weekly or monthly. You are right, there is no true advantage from seeing them turned over. Majority of traders still make their decisions using and reading charts the way they are presented on our platforms. And, oh, yeah, my wound still bleeding but I had/have no intention to play "revenge" with the geppy - it will be even worse. Just ignoring it for long while would be better.