Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Retail brokers

I am using FXDD for most of my trades and I did not realize that their data feed (or manipulation) would be so much different from other retail brokers where I also maintain some balance - mostly for experimental trades. First I enclose a screenshot from FXDD using 1HR timeframe as it is more granular.

Next screenshot is from FXSolutions G.T.S. Charting software. It is different and much clearer in terms of where the resistance was broken and how it was turned into a support. It shows that the cable closed its day on a strong note, right at the channel boundary.

Another chart - same price action:


It is really my fault as I did not double-check the other platforms. Hope it explains why the first (fxdd) chart was confusing. I'll be more careful.


1 comment:

Jim said...

Hey All,

I got the EUR/USD heading for an impass. S-T-R-O-N-G Resistance at 1.3435-1.3440 forming an ascending triangle. I am looking for this to come short. I can't post images here yet, because I don,t know how. Hey Tamara, can you show me how. What are your comments...LOL Have a nice day.

Jim