Saturday, June 16, 2007

Jim's question

Good morning,

Jim put an interesting question regarding cable's potential price direction. In my own point of view, cable did not have a strong day close last Friday. Price dipped closer to the end of day. As you can see on the chart cable has not defined yet a clear upper slope of the channel while the lower one is shown. Was the recent top a false breakout or a marked point for the future channel width? I've put a red line to indicate this. From my perspective I would choose a tactic if Line A happens to be a support rather than a resistance. I will wait for 4HR or longer close for the price to draw a clearer picture. Hope it answers what my trade plan can be.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Tamara, I believe the red candle is the result of traders closing shop for the day on Friday and I am not reading too much into it. So that being said, you want to wait for a candle or 2 to confirm whether it is going to continue long to finish the outer channel you described. If this is true, would a green candle close above, say, .9773 could be an entry toward the red ine on your chart. Or am I way off base.

Jim

Tamkras said...

that's correct - this is how I read the market. A close (4Hr or 8Hr) above 1.9740 would suggest the price is on support of Line A and can move towards Line B.

Tamkras said...

Hey, this proved to be right! Too late, though, for my PL. Well, let's wait until the price goes to the Line B and bounces.