Sunday, June 17, 2007

Week June 17th

I will be watching the following pairs tonight:

- aussie for long opportunity;
- loonie - long;
- kiwi - short;
- euro - short;
- swissie for short opp (but unlikely as I believe it will need to re-test 1.2453 first).

I am not opening any trades at the open and will make a decision on the above pairs as they show their direction.

5:20 pm EST. As expected kiwi gapped down driven by fears of new RNBZ interventions. NZD/USD lost 40 pips but I expect price to retrace back and then I plan to open a short.

5:30 pm EST. I am closing my last demo trade EUR/CAD with 80 pips profit.

5:50 pm EST. Loonie is getting very nervous... If it is looking for the breakout above 1.0689 it has to do it tonight.

6:10 pm EST. O.k. Long loonie at 1.0680. First target at 1.0750.

6:20 pm EST. Short kiwi at 0.7523. SL at 0.7572.

6:30 pm ESt. New demo trade - short chf/jpy at 99.36. Target at 98.78. SL - 99.81.

11 comments:

Jim said...

If you have a 180 chart, there is a lovely Morning Star ( Pin Bar ) with a long legged Doji in the middle. Check it out. Price is trying to move away from the 89 SMA. Just my 2 cents....

Jim

Jim said...

Sorry, Tamara, thats the USD/CAD

Tamkras said...

Hi Jim, yes I can see that. And thanks a lot for your charts you sent to me. I now understand your setup. It's great!

Jim said...

I guess I need to be more clearer, sorry Tam. But Im just learning.

Jim

Jim said...

Hey Tam, when it satisfies that T/P, what would be the best way to finish. Would you just let the rest ride with a trailer, or what. Somehow I just dont see the kiwi setup.

Jim

Tamkras said...

this is my trade plan for u/cad long:
1st lot - tp at 1.0750
2st lot - move sl to 10 pips below of the next day if ends higher.

the pair might still re-test the zone of 1.0640 tonight.

Jim said...

Ahh, another long signal for the Loonie. Bullish engulfer & 25 & 10 EMA are crossing on the 4Hr. How am I doing Tam,

Jim

Tamkras said...

Hey, Jim, you are doing excellent!My 1st lot triggered TP at 1.0750.

Unfortunately, I lost kiwi with 50 pips. These SL's sometimes can be so annoying! Price reaches them and retraces as if satisfied. Oh, well. Still, overall plus with winning loonie.

Tamkras said...

BTW, I am glad that my analysis of support/resistance for cable was correct. I am not happy I did not take the trade.

Maybe, I will add a chat feature on this blog to discuss online our trade options in the very near future. What do you think? Any ideas?

Jim said...

I think this is the most excellent thing I have seen. I am all for it. I, too, got my TP on the CAD. I surprised myself. Got to admit, I was worried when I went 40 pips in the hole on it. I guess that is what I got to get over. I am mulling over where to put my stop now, though. I moved it up to 1.0679, does that sound right because I could not understand what you meant by the next day. Anyway, its retracing now and hopfully it will determine a nice uptrend line with a nice wave pattern and we can add a lot and re-buy what we already put into our PIGGY BANKS, after retrace.

Jim

Tamkras said...

hey, Jim, doing great, aren't we? Anyway, there are 2 suggestions for moving the stop:

1). Move up 10 pips below break-even. Let's say I entered at 1.0680. For me it should be 1.0670 minus spread.
2). Since the price was lower yesterday after my entry - 1.0651 - move the stop 10 pips below, 1.0641, ie. The reason being it is the current day's low.

I am taking the second option.