Thursday, June 14, 2007

Patience is a virtue and something else

My euro position is starting to build a value. Did I ever flinch? Did I retreat from the plan? I am taking first 30 pips here at 1.3329 and watch the rest (if I am awake of course). Who said triangles do not break-out? I watched many traders exiting their long positions as the market made them fear - can anyone stand fear for 3 days? I know it is difficult.

Aussie long (mini-lot) is up 35 pips.

8:30 am EST. I closed demo aussie long at 0.8480. 40 pips up. Oops, it just hit my target and beyond. Voila!

Euro long is going up as nurtured by the plan.

4 comments:

Dropplan said...

Tamkras,
How many trades do you typically place each week...more or less?

Tamkras said...

I watch 5 pairs and, on average, take 2-3 trades per week. Sometimes, I may skip the whole week. Geppy deal was clearly an overkill and I paid the price. As you can see all well-planned trades worked out nicely - long cable, short aussie and then long euro. I continue to work with demo trades and they are experimental (so far so good).

Dropplan said...

Tamkras,(10:20 EDT)
As always, thanks for your answers.
I am trying to follow your thought process as you plan your trades because I respect them. It would be a great service if you could briefly(very brief---I'll figure it out...hopefully!)explain technically why you are entering a trade.
I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries, but I feel that you have so much to offer.
Also, how long have you been trading? Thanks :)

Tamkras said...

Hi Dropplan, I traded many years in the past for banks. I stopped doing it, had a large gap due to important changes in my life and resumed trading 3 years ago on my own. I never lost all the knowledge, secrets, setups and the market feeling.

I think I provided my thoughts on the blog when I enter the market. You can ask me about the particular trade and I will try to respond. Do not ask me about a new methodology yet which I am developing with demo (1 mini-lot) trades. There are many factors involved and it is premature yet to discuss it. But judging by the previous trades I want to continue.